Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Projects Update


My Shield Cover project is almost done. I have updated the images to my Flickr Project site. All that is left is to put on the device and make it purdy. But the basis of the project is complete. I will use this as a pattern to make more so that I can swap in different shield designs as I need it. My original plan is to make a different cover for each person who uses my shield, so they can show their own "colors". That's still the plan, but we'll see how adventurous I get with upcoming projects I'm wanting to do.

Since this one is coming to an end, I should be thinking of what I want to do next. There are several I want to tackle, but not sure which one will be next. Some possibilities are:

  • Silk Banner: I have been wanting to do this for some time. I went over to Toen's and laid out a design for mine, I just have not had the time to go back and finish it. So I'm thinking of building my own stretching frame and getting supplies and doing it myself in my garage. That way I can make more, and make some of others. I'm looking around for plans on how to make the banners as well as the stretching frame.
  • Workshop: Seems pretty logical, but I'm wanting a workshop. I have a double-car garage, which half of it isn't being utilized. So I was wanting to get it organized and equipped to do some work in there, including metalsmithing. I could use another helmet and gauntlets.
  • New Japanese Kit: This is basically a gimme. Last weekend we did a leather run and I got myself some more leather to make myself new armor. I've learned a few things since making my first kit, and I have some ideas on how to make a new one that will be better than my current kit. I haven't decided on the colors yet, if I'm to change.
  • Bushkazi Weapons: I love Bushkazi. But one of the problems with it being more popular is that the weapons used can be too specific for a general fighter. So I thought for this year's M&M event, I'd make all the weapons for it, so not to worry about if enough people brought the proper weapons. Plus I can use these for future years, and a possible Lilies Bushkazi Tournament I'm thinking about hosting.
  • Crest: At Coronation in a couple of weeks, I will be fighting in a Crest Fallen tournament. The point is that each fighter will have a crest on their helm, and they are defeated when their crest has been beaten. I have to build a crest for the tournament, that will not only be cool, but also have a good splatter effect.
  • Tent Supports: I need to make myself some new support poles and a ridge pole for my tent. It didn't end well last year, but we live and learn. So now I need to take what I've learned and build it better. Not hard, just takes time and space to work.
So, I have stuff on my plate. Just have to decide which to do first. Suggestions?

No comments: