Friday, February 8, 2008

The Little Things

To me, it's the little things that matter most. The things you don't think about, or take for granted. And when someone does those little things, it makes a world of difference in my eyes. And Isolda does those little things.

It's when I'm working on the computer and she comes up behind me, gives me a hug, and kisses me on the neck. Or when she makes me tea and cookies, and puts sugar in my tea even though to her, that's a crime against her birth nation. Or when she takes Chief outside before I have a chance to. Or she helps me calm down by rubbing my back when I have a breathing attack. Or takes care of me and Con without hesitation. Or she cleans my "bachelor" bathroom to make it look more presentable. Or when she sneaks me a kiss in public, even though she is uncomfortable with PDA. Or when we are out, and she holds my hand or arm, and holds it like she means it. Or how she interacts with Con, and jokes with him, and helps him with his homework. Or how she has been there for me when I needed her, without hesitation.

This is just a small list. But it has been a long time since someone has done the little things. It is refreshing, and very comforting. At this moment, I can't imagine how things would be without her. I think, I will have to keep her. :)

1 comment:

Isolda said...

It's not the sugar, but lack of milk that makes your tea drinking "uncivilized". Love you!